The Republic of Ireland now has a Postcode system known as ‘Eircode’. As of July 2nd 2023, the inclusion of postcodes for shipments entering the Republic of Ireland will become mandatory on all DHL Express shipping solutions.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Shippers (from Rest of World to Ireland) should be aware that:
- Our full suite of electronic shipping solutions will request Ireland’s Postcode (Eircode) to be included for all shipments to/from Republic of Ireland from July 2nd 2023
- All shippers must act as soon as possible to ensure they will not be negatively impacted when shipping to the Republic of Ireland
- Failure to have a full and accurate Postcode for Ireland could result in 3 significant risks:
- User Experience
- Service Delays
- No Service
- Ensure that the Eircode (postcode) is captured for all shipments destined to Ireland so it can be included into DHL’s Customer Shipping Solutions
- Where possible, start using postcodes from today via your current shipping platform
- The inclusion of a postcode will become MANDATORY from July 2nd 2023 in the DHL Express Shipping Systems
- Use the comprehensive Postcode finder if you are unsure of your receivers’ postcode https://www.eircode.ie/